Cessna Silver Eagle Forums
Cessna Silver Eagle Forums
Search | User Listing Forums | Albums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Simulator training
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   P210 Silver Eagle -> SafetyMessage format

Paul
Posted 2004-08-09 10:50 AM (#110)
Subject: Simulator training

Regular

I did a session last week with Richard Kaplan at Flight Level Aviation on his AST300 simulator and can highly recommend it. Richard is a 50/50 doctor/CFII and owns and flies a P210 piston with TKS (which he swears by).

Have a look at his website at www.flyimc.com

He taught me a few things and I want to go back again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Don H.
Posted 2004-09-10 5:40 PM (#127 - in reply to #110)
Subject: RE: Simulator training

Paul;
Read your endorsement of Flight Level Aviation, then viewed their website. Looks like a much better sim training experience that I am accustomed to. Did you use this as your Insurance mandated
annual training?? Is it an approved facility?? I have sent their web info on to USAIG to see if they will accept them as an annual sign off.
Did you use only the sim, your A/C or their piston 210??
I am scheduled for annual at O&N in Oct and being in PA would work out well for me. Would like to do BFR on an annual basis along with an ICC. Unusual attitudes and upset / failures would be a plus. Thanks D.H.
Paul
Posted 2004-09-13 3:59 AM (#129 - in reply to #110)
Subject: Re: Simulator training

Regular

Hi Don,
My insurance does not require annual training - based in UK
Please check with Richard - I am pretty sure he is approved.
We had a bad storm blow through that afternoon so we only flew the Sim - which I was glad about because it was very worthwhile.
I would book well ahead with Richard - he appears to be busy.
Regards

Paul
don hinkel
Posted 2004-09-20 2:55 PM (#131 - in reply to #110)

Paul;
Just heard back from my insurance co. USAIG. They are aware of Flight Level Aviation and will approve them for P-210 piston only. They need to know more before approving them for the S.E. I think that I will do my recurrency work with O&N, and check in with F.L.A.
for a day or two. Then submit findings to USAIG along with any other S.E. owners who have taken training there. Will keep you up to date.
Don H.
J.Pierre Held
Posted 2004-12-22 1:29 PM (#190 - in reply to #131)

It may be an overkill, but I trained at flightsafety these past two years and flew the Caravan simulator. Very realistic, just wished it had a retractable gear. There 210 sim is worthless and in fact should be called a training device not a sim. They indicated to me, that they will have a Silver Eagle curiculum strarting early 2005. The only reason for me to go to FS is the oportunity to pick the brain of outstanding teachers with a wealth of experience. JPH
Posted 2004-12-22 3:07 PM (#191 - in reply to #190)

J.Pierre;
I too am a 'alumni' of flight safety, both in Ks. and Dothan, Alabama. Found their training to be much hyped, came away needing more. My first session was in a 'full blown' T / P 210 class. Spent too much time on maintenance and systems. Anyone who cracked the POH and really read it knew as much.Then on the fly the plane. When the instructor was patting me on the back, taking my check and handing me my certificate of completion, I questioned if we were going to even touch on high altitude flight. My plane will go to 23M, I had neved been above 12 M. After much foot shuffling, we did climb to the flight levels.
I might suggest Richard Kaplan / Flight level Aviation in western PA. He is an MD, CFI, has a good quality 210 sim equipped much like our planes. It was and will continue to be the best value vs. time invested, that I have spent in mayy years and trips to various training orgs. Notice that I said value vs. time, not $$$$. Your time spent in quality training is what I feel to be of value. I have only begun to discover how much I have yet to learn. N-50DH
Steve
Posted 2006-04-04 5:00 PM (#424 - in reply to #110)
Subject: RE: Simulator training

We are considering purchasing a Silver Eagle. I gather from your comments that your insurance companies are requiring approved recurrent training?
Posted 2006-04-05 6:48 AM (#427 - in reply to #191)

I am seriously considering Richard next time I want some recurrent training. BTW, during my last Flightsafety session I flew the Caravan sim. Very realistic and easy to fly. I agree, they spend way too much time on maintenance and systems. It ias my understanding, that they are putting together a Silver Eagle curiculum. That was two years ago and I have not heard anything about it since.
JP
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Silver Eagle Forum
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software